Saturday, February 20, 2010

Looks Closed, But It's Not

Found this window on my second night in town wandering down some random narrow street in search of Acacia trees. Yum. My favorite food. (Typically get most of my water this way. I need up to 10 gallons a day!) The window is the one on the left. It was lit and caught my attention (hey, I'm tall.) I only meant to look through it, but when I pressed my nose against the glass, it slid up. :) And where did this magic window lead me? Second floor of a city library, with access to an internet ready computer and, if I stretch, a good chunk of the six rowed book shelves near the window nook. Microbiology mostly. Huzzah! Now, being the world's tallest land animal, you might not think this, but I have always been fascinated by microbiology - the invisible cosmos of creatures who roam the savannas hidden on the surface of a fallen leaf. I've already checked out D. Roy Cullimore's Practical Manual of Groundwater Microbiology. Gotta know what you're drinking. AND - I started this blog. Made sure to close the window, but not all the way . . . Great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment